Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pumpkin Time

 Kelsey is a little bit timid about being around pumpkins.  I did try putting peanut butter on them...she licked them a little bit and then backed away.  So, I just left them out and ignored them.  She did get brave and sniff them briefly.

 I did manage to get a few pics this year where she didn't look completely freaked out.

I tried putting the pumpkins outside for pics and she did a little better this way. 

Mom, if you put a Zuke's on it I might like it a little bit more.

I had wanted to have Kelsey dress up as a pumpkin in past years (Pumpkin was one of her nicknames before I came up with her name), but have been frustrated with the costume sizing.  The smalls are way too short and the mediums are way too baggy.  So, I gave in and got her the small this year. 
  
 Success! We have a picture of Kelsey in her costume with a real pumpkin (and she doesn't look freaked out-but she still isn't convinced that pumpkins are okay).  She was so adorable in her little hat and was so good about keeping it on for pictures, although she takes it off when she thinks we are done. 

These are the pumpkins Kelsey and I carved...a few days after Halloween (I was a little under the weather).  We only had 9 munchkins come by this year...4 were babies/toddlers and 5 were under 7 years old...so they were all really sweet.  The little ones really loved seeing Kelsey all dressed up and she wasn't as scared this year.


6 comments:

  1. Oh Kelsey looks like adorable in the costume! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...she had so much fun this year.

      Delete
  2. speaking as a dog of Kelsey's size i must say that it iz hard to be furriends wif a veggie that's bigger than i am but it luks like Kelsey wuz very brave *snoogles* @GizmoGeodog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny. Thanks for stopping by to visit.

      kelsey

      Delete
  3. I like the last picture of Kelsey, the most... all decked out in her costume and looking at the camera. And... the pumpkins turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree...saved the best for last. I was surprised at how well it turned out since she is afraid of pumpkins, we had to get the right angle to not show how short her costume is, and I had to get her to keep her head up (when she wears hats, she tends to put her head down a little, as if they are heavy).

      Delete